NORWALK, Conn. -- Loehmann's, which has offered discount designer fashion for 93 years, announced in a Facebook post last week that it is going out of business and closing all of its locations, including the one in Norwalk.
The store began a liquidation sale Jan. 9 and will sell off its entire stock of merchandise. Loehmann's is currently offering 10 percent to 30 percent off its products.
Many posts on Loehmann's Facebook page lament the store's demise and mention that much of the remaining inventory is already gone.
According to a Patch report, employees were told of the decision to close only one day before the announcement was made online.
The store does not indicate exactly when it will close its doors for good.
Loehmann's is located at 467 West Ave. in Norwalk.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'