NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- SCORE of Fairfield County will present a five-part series on starting a business at the New Canaan Library.
The first session will start at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11. It will cover what is involved in starting a small business including the challenges, the opportunities and the requirements.
"It is meant to help people decide whether they really want to start their own business," a press release said. "The remaining four sessions will focus on the key fundamentals of running a business, including marketing strategy, financial planning and funding. Participants will also have the opportunity to meet with and ask questions of successful entrepreneurs."
The workshop series is designed to help those thinking of starting their own businesses to define and evaluate their ideas and establish a marketing strategy while receiving help from a SCORE counselor.
Sessions two through five will take place on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Feb. 11: entrepreneur self-assessment, business plan;
- Tuesday, Feb. 18: marketing strategy;
- Tuesday, Feb. 25: marketing implementation;
- Tuesday, March 4: financial planning and reporting;
- Thursday, March 13: funding sources, conversations with entrepreneurs.
All sessions will be held in the Adrian Lamb Room of the New Canaan Library at 151 Main St. in New Canaan
For more information, residents are asked to visit the New Canaan Library website or call SCORE at 203-831-0065.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape