STAMFORD, Conn. -- BlueStreak Sports Training in Stamford will celebrate its 10-year anniversary on Saturday, June 28.
BlueStreak Sports Training is a licensed provider of the training protocols developed by Athletic Republic. Former JetBlue Airways CEO David Neeleman of New Canaan and former President of MSG David Checketts founded BlueStreak Sports Training in June 2004 to meet the training demands of individual athletes and athletic organizations.
BlueStreak offers professional customized training for athletes ranging from professional athletes to the aspiring youth. These programs are designed to raise the game of each dedicated athlete through proper explosive speed and strength movements.
Since its doors opened, BlueStreak has earned many accolades, including helping to train:
• 26 state championship high school teams in lacrosse, hockey, baseball and football.
• 77 college and high school All-Americans
• 488 athletes who received college scholarships
• Trained professional athletes from the NFL, NHL, MLS, NLL, NBA D-League and U.S. Olympic Teams
• Over 11,000 athletes have trained in BlueStreak program over the last 10 years.
“It has been a privilege to be part of an organization that has the ability to touch so many lives, We look forward to continuing the success of every person that walks through our doors for years to come,” Facility Director Christopher Zapata said.
BlueStreak has recently opened their second facility in Stamford in the Chelsea Piers Connecticut facility. Its facilities feature patented Generation III Super Treadmills, ice hockey treadmills, sport – specific cord technology and specialized strength equipment and exclusive exercise protocols.
“As a company we are excited to reach this important milestone, we have had the privilege of serving our customers for the last 10 years. This celebration is a way to say thank you to all of our customers,'' BlueStreak President Matt Cole said.
Saturday's celebration will be at BlueStreak's headquarters at 80 Largo Drive in Stamford from noon until 4 p.m.
Attendees are eligible to dunk a trainer in the tank, try the specialized hockey treadmill or running treadmill, win several raffle prizes, enjoy a BBQ, and participate in games and several other activities.
“We look forward to continuing to help aspiring athletes to reach their goals and dreams for many years to come,'' said Jason Clement, BlueStreak’s executive director of training.
- 1 New Canaan Police Officer Comes To Rescue Of Choking Victim
- 2 New Canaan Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 3 Stamford's Riko's A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 4 New Canaan Student Arrested At School On Pot Charges
- 5 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol