FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Shoppers looking to stock their pantries in preparation for this weekend's expected storm have a few extra hours to do so at Stop & Shop supermarkets.
The supermarket chain announced Thursday night that it will keep all its New England stores open until midnight Thursday and reopen at 6 a.m. Friday in advance of storm Nemo.
Stop & Shop officials recommend people stock up on staples, including milk, bread, soup, crackers batteries, paper goods and, of course, rock salt and shovels.
"With record amounts of snow predicted for New England, Stop & Shop is doing all we can to help our customers prepare for the storm," Suzi Robinson, spokeswoman for Stop & Shop New England Division, said in a statement. "We are working closely with our store and transportation teams and supplier partners to keep our stores stocked and ready to serve our communities."
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'