NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Library and Ten Thousand Villages are inviting the community to come out and shop for the holidays to benefit the library from 2 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 19.
“The purchase of a unique handcrafted gift from Ten Thousand Villages will not only support The New Canaan Library, but will improve the livelihoods of artisans in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East,” said Shawn Webb, store manager at Ten Thousand Villages in New Canaan. “Fifteen percent of the event’s proceeds will benefit The New Canaan Library.”
The event is one of many community shopping benefits hosted each year by Ten Thousand Villages. For more than 60 years, Ten Thousand Villages has partnered with organizations such as the New Canaan Library to benefit the local community.
In addition to an evening of fun, fair trade shopping, Ten Thousand Villages and The New Canaan Library are offering holiday shoppers a free gift with purchases.
For more information about Ten Thousand Villages in New Canaan, contact Shawn Webb at 203-286-9673 or visit the shop at 96 Main St., call 203-972-9046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Fire Destroys Multi-Million Dollar Pound Ridge Home
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation