NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy birthday to New Canaan’s H. Keith H. Brodie!
Brodie who has owned a home in New Canaan, turns 75 on Sunday. The psychiatrist and educator was born Aug. 24, 1939.
Brodie joined the National Institute of Mental Health as a clinical associate in 1968. Brodie taught at Stanford University from 1970 to 1974 and was chairman of Stanford's Medical School Faculty Senate and director of the General Research Center.
He received the A.E. Bennett Research Award from the Society of Biological Psychiatry, the psychopharmacology prize of the American Psychological Association, and the Edward A. Streck Award of the Pennsylvania Hospital and the University of Pennsylvania Health System. He served as president of the American Psychiatric Association and chaired the Board of Mental Health and Behavioral Medicine of the Institute of Medicine.
He moved to Duke University to become chair of the department of psychiatry. He was later named James B. Duke Professor of Psychiatry and Law. He was chancellor of Duke University in 1982, and became president of the university in 1985. He served as president from 1985 to 1993. After his term as president, Brodie continued teaching and clinical work.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year