DARIEN, Conn. – For a safe, exciting Halloween, the Darien YMCA is again offering an imaginative Halloween experience – a free evening for little goblins and their families to enjoy in an environment that’s both caring and safe.
The holiday fun takes place from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27 at 2420 Post Road, Darien. Costumes and parental supervision are required.
For many years, the Darien YMCA has hosted this Halloween party which includes crafts, bounce houses, concession stand, games, and more. The Darien YMCA will be decorated, waiting, and well supervised.
“It’s a safe, creative and social experience for all ages to come with their parents,” said Suzanne Richards, School Age Coordinator for the Darien YMCA.
No matter what your Halloween plans, the Darien YMCA suggests considering these precautions before heading to the Y or trick-or-treating in the neighborhood:
- Wear light-colored costumes, with labels indicating "flame retardant"
- Wear shorter costumes to prevent tripping
- Add reflective tape or striping to costumers for greater visibility
- Use face make-up – no hoods or masks that obscure the face and vision
- Take younger children door-to-door in the daylight hours
- Carry a working flashlight
- Trick-or-treat within your neighborhood, only to homes you know
- Remind children: never enter homes and accept no rides from strangers
- Be alert to car traffic, crossing safely according to rules
- Have parents or other adults inspect treats
- Check your lawn and steps for tripping hazards
- This year, strengthen family. Celebrate Halloween together as enjoyable, quality time
For more information about the Darien Y’s Halloween party contact (203) 655-8228 or visit www.darienymca.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.