KATONAH, N.Y. – The Del McCoury Band will headline Carmoor's American Roots Music Festival on Saturday, June 29 at 7:30 p.m. in the Venetian Theater.
The festival is a a daylong celebration of folk, string band, country, blues, gospel, and bluegrass music. The concert will mark the world premiere and the only New York performance of The Del McCoury Band’s new project, “Del & Woody” featuring unheard and unsung words of Woody Guthrie set to music by the bluegrass musician.
The American Roots Music Festival is appropriate for all ages. Picnicking is encouraged. Festival-goers can bring their own picnic, purchase food or beverages on site or order a picnic in advance for pick-up at Caramoor by calling Great Performances at 212-337-6055 or visiting www.greatperformances.com/caramoorpicnics.
Tickets for the festival range from $35-$55. Children under 18 are half price. To order tickets, call the box office at 914.232.1252 or visit www.caramoor.org.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Straight A's For New Canaan Schools Tops Week’s News
- 5 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects