NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The Summer Theatre of New Canaan has found a fix to the bad hair days of summer with a weekly Girl’s Night Out, every Thursday for the rest of July.
Every Thursday at 6 p.m. head to elm restaurant for specialty themed cocktails during its weekly “Happiest Hour” A special pre-theater, prix fixe dining option is also available.
Then head down to the Summer Theatre tent at Waveny Park for the show "Hairspray" at 8 p.m. For each remaining Thursday in July, every woman who attends “Hairspray” will receive a raffle ticket for a special prize drawing. At intermission, five tickets will be drawn at random to receive one of five prizes valued at more than $225.
“Our production of ‘Hairspray’ presents a natural opportunity to create a fun event to get together with girlfriends,” said Melody Libonati, artistic director of , Summer Theatre of New Canaan. “What could be more fun than to see an outstanding show and have the chance to win some great beauty prizes?”
These are the prizes:
- Divaz Salon gift certificate for Blowout (value $40)
- Zotos International gift bag of hair products (value $40)
- Space NK gift bag of special “Teaser” hair brush and hair products (value $25)
- Le Boudoir gift package of three makeovers or blowouts ($90)
- Sokushindo Reflexology – 30-minute reflexology ($30)
In addition to the weekly prizes, anyone can enter to win a deluxe beauty basket and a Ladies Lunch for four at elm, (valued at over $350) by posting a “like” to the Girls Night Out post on Summer Theatre of New Canaan’s Facebook page, or by posting #STONCGNO to Instagram or Twitter. Winners will be selected at random on July 31.
"Hairspray" is set in 1962 Baltimore and tells the story of the lovable plus-sized teen Tracy Turnblad whose only desire is to dance on the popular Corny Collins television show. When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. She must use her new found power to dethrone the reigning Teen Queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin, and integrate a television network all without denting her ‘do! Shows run every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.and Sundays at 4 p.m.
For tickets and more information go to www.stonc.org.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 3 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Chance Of Storms As Workweek Starts In New Canaan