FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONN. -- Here are five of the biggest upcoming events in Fairfield County.
1. Ridgefield Playhouse BandJam 2014, Sunday, April 27, at 4 p.m.
The best middle school and high school bands around will rock out at the Playhouse for Ridgefield BandJam 2014. What began as a charity event for The Playhouse has become a much anticipated competition where middle school and high school students perform before a panel of industry professionals for the title of BandJam Winner. $20. 80 East Ridge Road.
2. Toubab Krewe at the Fairfield Theatre, Saturday, April 26 at 7 p.m.
With exotic instruments -- the soku (horsehair fiddle from Mali), the kora (21-string harp) and the kamelengoni (12-string harp) -- Toubabe Krewe fuses rock, reggae and West African rhythms for a danceable night of music. $17. 70 Sanford St.
3. Les Miserables at Immaculate High School in Danbury: Thursday through Saturday, April 24 to 26.
Immaculate High School presents the Broadway hit musical, “Les Miserables,” a Tony-winning story of redemption and love. $5 to $18. 73 Southern Blvd.
4. Westport Historical Society Original New Yorker Art Sale, Friday, April 25 at 8 p.m.
Readers of the New Yorker will have a chance to own a piece of the magazine’s history at the sale of original New Yorker cover art and cartoons. There is no charge to attend but reservations are required. To reserve a spot, call 203-222-1424. 25 Avery Place.
5. Stamford Museum & Nature Center's Earth Day Family Volunteer Project, Saturday, April 26, from 9 a.m. to noon.
In honor of Earth Day, join the Stamford Museum & Nature Center for a "garlic mustard pull." The invasive garlic mustard plant's leaves will be offered to local food banks to help feed the hungry. Open to volunteers ages 11 and older (ages 11 to 14 must be accompanied by an adult). Advance registration is required at 203-977-6530. Free. 39 Scofieldtown Road.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Tell us where you'll be heading and why below.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash