RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – The Ridgefield Playhouse is having two showings of the epic opera “Les Troyens” as a part of the Metropolitan Opera’s Live in HD performances Jan. 5.
The last time the Met performed “Les Troyens” was in 2003 and this year it is led by the Met’s principal conductor, Fabio Luisi, and cast with soprano Deborah Voigt, mezzo-soprano Susan Graham, tenor Marcello Giordani and baritone Dwayne Croft as characters from the Trojan War.
Berlioz’s five-act romantic opera has been described as an “innovative intensely dramatic opera with choral scenes and sweeping energy.”
As a part of the live in HD series, the audience will be able to go behind the scenes to the rehearsals, watch exclusive interviews with the stars and be able to watch the performance.
There will be two showings, one at noon and the second at 6 p.m. Jan. 5. For tickets, $25 adults, $20 members, $15 students, only available by calling the box office, call the box office at (203) 438-5795, or order online at ridgefieldplayhouse.org.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'