RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – The Ridgefield Playhouse is having two showings of the epic opera “Les Troyens” as a part of the Metropolitan Opera’s Live in HD performances Jan. 5.
The last time the Met performed “Les Troyens” was in 2003 and this year it is led by the Met’s principal conductor, Fabio Luisi, and cast with soprano Deborah Voigt, mezzo-soprano Susan Graham, tenor Marcello Giordani and baritone Dwayne Croft as characters from the Trojan War.
Berlioz’s five-act romantic opera has been described as an “innovative intensely dramatic opera with choral scenes and sweeping energy.”
As a part of the live in HD series, the audience will be able to go behind the scenes to the rehearsals, watch exclusive interviews with the stars and be able to watch the performance.
There will be two showings, one at noon and the second at 6 p.m. Jan. 5. For tickets, $25 adults, $20 members, $15 students, only available by calling the box office, call the box office at (203) 438-5795, or order online at ridgefieldplayhouse.org.
- 1 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State