NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The string quartet Ethel is returning to New Canaan's Silvermine Arts Center in March.
The performance is scheduled for 8 p.m. Friday, March 14, at Sara Victoria Hall. The evening’s program will include selections from composers Mary Ellen Childs, Vijay Iyer, Kip Jones, Son Lux, Carlo Mombelli, Ennio Morricone, Nico Muhly and Marcelo Zarvos and a string quartet treatment work by Jeff Buckley.
"Ethel invigorates contemporary concert music with exuberance, intensity, imaginative programming and exceptional artistry," representatives said. "With an eye on tradition, but always looking to the future, Ethel is a leading force in concert music’s re-engagement with musical vernaculars, fusing diverse traditions into a vibrant sound that resonates with audiences the world over."
The program for the evening is “Grace,” a journey to redemption through music.
Tickets are $20 for members and $25 for non-members. Tickets can be purchased online at the Silvermine Arts Center website or by calling 203-966-9700 Ext. 22.
The center is located at 1037 Silvermine Road in New Canaan.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years