NEW CANAAN/STAMFORD, Conn. — Memorial Day parades are just a few of the events in the Stamford-New Canaan area this month. For more happenings in the area visit the Daily Voice Event Page.
Friday, May 24
Retired Flag Collection: 9 a.m. Several locations throughout Stamford will be collecting retired American Flags from May 24 through June 14 to be disposed of properly. Click here for collection locations.
Saturday, May 25
The Bully Breed Rescue Visits New Canaan: Noon to 3 p.m. The Bully Breed Rescue will be at Village Critter Outfitter, 107 Cherry St., New Canaan, with rescued pit bulls in need of adoption.
Introduction To Ceviche: 2 p.m. Chef Scott at Barcelona Wine Bar, 222 Summer St., Stamford, will be teaching people how to make Ceviche. The class is $45, plus tax and gratuity, per person.
Sunday, May 26
Stamford’s Memorial Day Parade: Noon. The parade will start on Summer Street at Hoyt Street and make its way to Veterans Park for a ceremony.
Monday, May 27
New Canaan’s Memorial Day Parade: 9 a.m. The parade will start at St. Mark’s Church and make its way through downtown New Canaan to Lakeview Cemetery for a ceremony.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced