NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Here are a few highlights of things to do in and around New Canaan this weekend. See our Events Calendar for more items.
Screening of “Brave” at New Canaan Library: 1:30 p.m. Work off your Thanksgiving dinner by coming to a showing of Disney's movie “Brave.” New Canaan Library, 151 Main St.
New Canaan Nature Center Thanksgiving Weekend Waddle: 10:30 a.m. Bring your entire family (and lingering holiday visitors) to the Nature Center for a healthy, invigorating "Discovery Walk" with Nature Center naturalists. Work off that holiday meal while enjoying the trails, and get a sneak peek of how nature is preparing for winter. Then, warm up with hot cocoa at the Sugar House. This program is for all ages. Walks will take place at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. The walks are free for Nature Center families and $5 for non-member families. New Canaan Nature Center, 144 Oenoke Ridge.
“Eight Decades of Creation” at Silvermine Art Center: 1 to 5 p.m. Continuing with the 90th celebration of the Silvermine Arts Center, the historic exhibit features "Reuben Nakian: Eight Decades of Creation" showcasing his small sculptures and works on paper. His assistant, Derek Uhlman, A Silvermine Guild Artist member, provides insights into his work. Silvermine Art Center, 1037 Silvermine Road.
Have an event you want everyone to know about? Add your event to our calendar.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods