NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Here are a few highlights of things to do in and around New Canaan this weekend. See our Events Calendar for more items.
New Canaan Chamber of Commerce Holiday Stroll: 6 to 9 p.m. The Holiday Stroll kicks off of the holiday shopping season in New Canaan. Events will include the arrival of Santa Claus at 6:30 p.m. to light the trees lining the shopping district. People can gather on Elm Street, which will be closed to traffic, to enjoy the festivities, sing Christmas carols and enjoy musical performances. Merchants will serve seasonal beverages. Surprises can be found on Main and Forest streets as well. Festivities will continue from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Downtown New Canaan.
Little Red Riding Hood Puppet Show: 2 p.m. The show is performed by WonderSpark Puppets. Tickets are $5 per person. The puppet show is part of the Historical Society’s annual Holiday Tea and Open House. New Canaan High School, 13 Oenoke Ridge.
New Canaan High School Football state playoff game: 12:30 p.m. The New Canaan Rams will play the Windsor High School Warriors in the second round of the state Class L playoffs. Bunnell High School, 1 Bulldog Blvd., Stratford.
Have an event you want everyone to know about? Add your event to our calendar.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary