NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Here are a few highlights of things to do in and around New Canaan this weekend. See our Events Calendar for more items.
New Canaan Chamber of Commerce Holiday Stroll: 6 to 9 p.m. The Holiday Stroll kicks off of the holiday shopping season in New Canaan. Events will include the arrival of Santa Claus at 6:30 p.m. to light the trees lining the shopping district. People can gather on Elm Street, which will be closed to traffic, to enjoy the festivities, sing Christmas carols and enjoy musical performances. Merchants will serve seasonal beverages. Surprises can be found on Main and Forest streets as well. Festivities will continue from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Downtown New Canaan.
Little Red Riding Hood Puppet Show: 2 p.m. The show is performed by WonderSpark Puppets. Tickets are $5 per person. The puppet show is part of the Historical Society’s annual Holiday Tea and Open House. New Canaan High School, 13 Oenoke Ridge.
New Canaan High School Football state playoff game: 12:30 p.m. The New Canaan Rams will play the Windsor High School Warriors in the second round of the state Class L playoffs. Bunnell High School, 1 Bulldog Blvd., Stratford.
Have an event you want everyone to know about? Add your event to our calendar.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday