FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- It's finally nice out! And you know what that means? It's finally food truck season time.
Here are some of the top places in the region according to Yelp. One of your favs not on the list? Add a comment or share a message on our Facebook page. We're always up for checking out new places (and eating new foods!).
- Eggz: Folks rave about how this Bethel-based truck will change your breakfast game. Everything is homemade and locally sourced, from the obvious eggs to the coffee.
- HAPA: The Stamford-based truck is known for its Pacific American street food. Here, you'll find tacos, burgers, and more, albeit with a gourmet twist.
- Melt Mobile : Who doesn't love grilled cheese? This Stamford-based gourmet grilled cheese truck specializes in creative, comforting sandwiches made with local artisanal breads, imported and local cheeses, and high-quality fresh, organic meats and produce. Two percent of its proceeds go to the Umbrella Club, a local charitable organization devoted to helping underprivileged people and children in need. See earlier story HERE .
- Paradise Foods: Brookfield-based, specializing in farm to table ingredients.
- RIce & Beans : Based in Danbury this roving rice mobile serves up comfort in a bowl. This #notyouraveragefoodtruck was profiled in an earlier Daily Voice story HERE .
- The Green Grunion : Primarily a San Diego style burrito truck, this Danbury-based business is all about authenticity -- and late night goodness.
- The Tasty Yolk: Griddle-smashed potatoes, burritos, breakfast sandwiches and more are behind this Bridgeport-based truck with the mission to bring tasty breakfast treats to the county. See previous Daily Voice story HERE .