DV Home Cooking is devoted to readers and their recipes. All we ask is that you're a home cook, not a professional chef. Got a favorite dish you want to share? Send it, along with the story behind it, to DVHomeCooking@dailyvoice.com.
Home Cook: Jeanette Chen, New Canaan, Conn., blogger at Jeanette's Healthy Living .
"Getting my 14-year old son to eat fruits and vegetables can be challenging, so I came up with this frosty smoothie, turning watermelon and strawberries into a refreshing drink that I knew he would slurp right up. For an extra boost of protein and nutrition, I added some Greek yogurt and a scoop of MegaFood Kids Daily Multi Nutrient Booster Powder."
Recipe: Watermelon Strawberry Coconut Water Smoothie
- 1 cup watermelon chunks
- 1 cup organic strawberries, halved
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 scoop MegaFood Kids Daily Multi Nutrient Booster Powder
- 1 cup organic coconut water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add some ice if you like it extra frosty.