NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Heather Gaudio Fine Art has launched a solo exhibition called "The Process of Discovery" featuring works by the late artist Bryan Nash Gill.
The show presents woodcuts, pastels, monoprints and sculpture highlighting the breadth of the contemporary artist’s talent.
The show offers a personal window into his creative process by incorporating the artist’s journal, a woodblock from the artist’s studio, stencils used in the creation of the monoprints and his signature publication, Woodcut, in the display.
Gill's work is unique due to his process. He collected wood from his 10-acre property then cutting cross sections of trunks and branches. Gill then painted onto the surface before transferring the image to handmade Japanese rice paper.
The exhibit will run through Saturday, March 22, with an opening reception Saturday, March 1, from 1 to 4 p.m.
Heather Gaudio Fine Art is located at 21 South Ave. in New Canaan.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money