NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Heather Gaudio Fine Art has launched a solo exhibition called "The Process of Discovery" featuring works by the late artist Bryan Nash Gill.
The show presents woodcuts, pastels, monoprints and sculpture highlighting the breadth of the contemporary artist’s talent.
The show offers a personal window into his creative process by incorporating the artist’s journal, a woodblock from the artist’s studio, stencils used in the creation of the monoprints and his signature publication, Woodcut, in the display.
Gill's work is unique due to his process. He collected wood from his 10-acre property then cutting cross sections of trunks and branches. Gill then painted onto the surface before transferring the image to handmade Japanese rice paper.
The exhibit will run through Saturday, March 22, with an opening reception Saturday, March 1, from 1 to 4 p.m.
Heather Gaudio Fine Art is located at 21 South Ave. in New Canaan.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks