NEW CANAAN, Conn. — Do you want to live like Don Draper and the rest of the character’s of Mad Men? A recent article in Travel & Leisure says New Canaan is the place to be to do just that.
The town has many mid-century modern homes, including Phillip Johnson’s Glass House, the report said.
You can also visit the Elm Restaurant and drink a “Lucky Strike” cocktail inspired by the old-fashioned that the show’s main character Don Draper drinks, the report said. The cocktail has cherry-wood smoked bourbon, cherry bitters, sherry and ash, the report said.
Mad Men, currently in its sixth season, takes place in 1960s New York and follows the lives of several competitive, aggressive people in an advertising firm on Madison Avenue. The show stars Jon Hamm and Elizabeth Moss and has won four Golden Globe Awards.
For more on Mad Men tune in to AMC on Sunday nights or visit its website here.
Read the full Travel & Leisure story here.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan