NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A new 2,200-square-foot training space is slated to open to the public at the New Canaan YMCA with a grand opening event Saturday, March 8, from 10 a.m. to noon.
Dubbed "The Zone," the space will serve as a dedicated training space for functional training,stretching/plyometrics, sports performance, and rehabilitation-type activities.
The grand opening event will include a 30-minute "Zone Challenge" circuit of different Zone exercises with YMCA personal trainers. The first 20 people to complete The Zone Challenge will receive a free Zone T-shirt.
The Zone facilities and equipment include:
- DuraFlex rubber floor for maximum shock absorption
- Approx. 600 square feet of premium sports turf
- Torque Fitness X-rack
- TRX Suspension training straps
- Heavy Bag and Kick Boxing Bag stations
- Tubing Stations
- Training Ropes
- Medicine Balls
- Plyo Boxes
- Agility Equipment
The New Canaan YMCA is located at 564 South Ave. Call 203-966-4528 or visit the website for more information.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48