NEW CANAAN, Conn. — The New Society for the Arts will be opening its 24th annual SPECTRUM art exhibit on Friday in New Canaan.
Nearly 130 artists from Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts submitted 400 images for the exhibit, and only 80 were selected, a statement from the organization said. The works chosen are in an array of media, including paintings, sculptures, works on paper and mixed media works.
The following pieces were chosen for awards:
- The Betty Barker Best in Show: ”Second Chance,” by Marcia Spivak
- First Prize in Painting: “Storm Dunes,” Souby Boski
- Second Prize in Painting: “Primordial,” Susan Leggitt
- Honorable Mention in Painting: “Mercury,” Pam Ackley
- First Prize in Sculpture: “Flight,” Lubomir Tomaszewski
- Second Prize in Sculpture: “Compo I,” B.A. D’Alessandro
- Honorable Mentionin Sculpture: “Fragile Entity,” Christina Klumb
- First Prize in Works on Paper: “Ying and Yang,” Cynthia MacCollum
- Second Prize in Works on Paper: “The Next Bridgeport, CT” Andrew Mullen
- Honorable Mention in Works on Paper: “Trio,” Ruth Kalla Ungerer
- First Prize in Mixed Media: “Between Blue and Green,” Teodora Guerrera
- Second Prize in Mixed Media: “Sinking Feeling,” Mitchell Visoky
- Honorable Mention in Mixed Media: “Happy Hour” Amy Schott
There will be an opening reception for the exhibit from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. with the awards presented at 6:30 p.m. The exhibit will run from April 26 through May 24 at the Carriage Barn Arts Center in Waveny Park.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.