NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Library is set to host Armen Keteyian of CBS and Sports Illustrated's Jeff Benedict for a special book-signing event Tuesday.
Keteyian and Benedict will discuss their latest book, "The System: The Glory And Scandal Of Big-Time College Football," starting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the New Canaan Library. Keteyian is a former longtime New Canaan resident. He and his wife and two daughters spent 25 years in New Canaan before moving to Fairfield, according to a release.
The book, which debuted at No. 12 on the New York Times hardcover nonfiction list in October, has "received rave reviews," according to the press release.
Dan Wetzel, columnist for Yahoo! Sports, called it “the best book written on the sport in years,” according to the release.
"Together Benedict and Keteyian spent two years researching and writing The System, conducting more than 500 interviews," said the release. "The book takes the reader deep behind the scenes of mega-programs such as Alabama, Michigan, and BYU, among many schools, while capturing the passion and sometimes shocking realities that lie beneath one of this country’s most popular sports."
- 1 New Canaan Boasts Top Three Elementary Schools In Connecticut
- 2 New Canaan Man Gets 13 Years In Prison For Running Ponzi Scheme
- 3 New Canaan Ranked Second Best High School In Connecticut
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For New Canaan; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely