DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien’s Person2Person food pantry will be participate in the national "Make Difference Day” on Oct. 26 with food drives at supermarkets in Darien, Norwalk, Westport, New Canaan and Wilton.
Local residents can purchase needed items at participating supermarkets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and help stock the shelves at food pantries for the coming winter.
All food donations will support P2P and Open Door Shelter.
Food pantry most needed items include cereal, canned vegetables and soups, cracker, peanut butter, oatmeal, fruit juice, rice, pasta, and milk
- Darien: Stop & Shop in Noroton Heights and Stop & Shop at Goodwives
- New Canaan: Walter Stewart’s Food Emporium
- Norwalk: Stop & Shop at 380 Main Ave. and Stop & Shop at Connecticut Ave.
- Westport: Stop & Shop
- Wilton: Stop & Shop
Person-to-Person is a volunteer-driven, community-supported agency which, through the sharing of goods and talents, responds to individuals and families who lack the basic necessities or resources to improve their lives.
For more information go to p2phelps.org.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts