DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien’s Person2Person food pantry will be participate in the national "Make Difference Day” on Oct. 26 with food drives at supermarkets in Darien, Norwalk, Westport, New Canaan and Wilton.
Local residents can purchase needed items at participating supermarkets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and help stock the shelves at food pantries for the coming winter.
All food donations will support P2P and Open Door Shelter.
Food pantry most needed items include cereal, canned vegetables and soups, cracker, peanut butter, oatmeal, fruit juice, rice, pasta, and milk
- Darien: Stop & Shop in Noroton Heights and Stop & Shop at Goodwives
- New Canaan: Walter Stewart’s Food Emporium
- Norwalk: Stop & Shop at 380 Main Ave. and Stop & Shop at Connecticut Ave.
- Westport: Stop & Shop
- Wilton: Stop & Shop
Person-to-Person is a volunteer-driven, community-supported agency which, through the sharing of goods and talents, responds to individuals and families who lack the basic necessities or resources to improve their lives.
For more information go to p2phelps.org.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 3 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In New Canaan
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation