NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Laura Kenyon, a native of Lewisboro, N.Y., and former editor of the New Canaan Advertiser, is stepping into the literary world with the release of her debut novel, "Desperately Ever After."
Described on her website as a cross between HBO's "Sex and the City" and the Brothers Grimm fairy tales, "Desperately Ever After" tells the tale of a princess who watches her "happily ever after" go up in flames when she catches her prince cheating on her. Along the way, the princess commiserates with fellow princesses and queens who also thought they had their "happily ever after" as well.
Kenyon, who was the first female editor of the Advertiser, told that publication that she has been developing the idea for quite some time.
In addition to the Advertiser, Kenyon has been published in Westchester Magazine, Westchester/Hudson Valley Weddings, Kiwi Magazine, Westchester Home Magazine, Just Labs, the Fairfield Sun, the Greenwich Post and more.
After hitting shelves a month ago, the book is gathering attention and rave reviews on Amazon.com.
- 1 New Canaan Police Officer Comes To Rescue Of Choking Victim
- 2 New Canaan Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 3 Stamford's Riko's A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 4 New Canaan Student Arrested At School On Pot Charges
- 5 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol