NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Allison Williams!
Williams, who grew up in New Canaan, turns 26 on Tuesday. The actress, comedian, and musician was born April 15, 1988, in Connecticut.
In 2010, Williams performed a mash up of "Nature Boy" set to RJD2's "A Beautiful Mine", the theme song for the television series "Mad Men." The YouTube video of the performance received widespread praise on the Internet, and convinced Judd Apatow that she should be given a part in the HBO TV series "Girls," which premiered on April 15, 2012.
She wrote a series of "Funny or Die" sketches, in which she starred as newlywed Kate Middleton with British actor and model Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Prince William.
She appeared in the third season of "The League," as Danielle in the episode "The Guest Bong."
She has appeared as a recurring character, Cheryl, in the College Humor series "Jake and Amir."
Williams, the daughter of "NBC Nightly News" anchor Brian Williams, recently announced her engagement to Ricky Van Veen, co-founder of College Humor.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts