NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Allison Williams!
Williams, who grew up in New Canaan, turns 26 on Tuesday. The actress, comedian, and musician was born April 15, 1988, in Connecticut.
In 2010, Williams performed a mash up of "Nature Boy" set to RJD2's "A Beautiful Mine", the theme song for the television series "Mad Men." The YouTube video of the performance received widespread praise on the Internet, and convinced Judd Apatow that she should be given a part in the HBO TV series "Girls," which premiered on April 15, 2012.
She wrote a series of "Funny or Die" sketches, in which she starred as newlywed Kate Middleton with British actor and model Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Prince William.
She appeared in the third season of "The League," as Danielle in the episode "The Guest Bong."
She has appeared as a recurring character, Cheryl, in the College Humor series "Jake and Amir."
Williams, the daughter of "NBC Nightly News" anchor Brian Williams, recently announced her engagement to Ricky Van Veen, co-founder of College Humor.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Woman Reports $100K In Jewelry Stolen From Home
- 3 National Weather Service: New Canaan's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Young New Canaan Runners Take 3rd In Wilton Cross Country Race