NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd.
Lloyd, who grew up in New Canaan, turns 75 on Tuesday. The actor was born Oct. 22, 1938, in Stamford.
Lloyd began his acting career at the age of 14 and made his Broadway debut in the short-lived Red. He went on to Off-Broadway roles in A Midsummer Night's Dream.
His first movie role was as a psychiatric patient in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and is best known for his roles as "Reverend" Jim Ignatowski, the ex-hippie cabbie on the TV sitcom Taxi, for which he earned an Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
He has also done voiceover work in animation and won three Primetime Emmy Awards and an Independent Spirit Award and has been nominated for two Saturn Awards and a Daytime Emmy Award.
He took part in the advertising campaign of the Nike Company's "Back For the Future" for the benefit of The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In New Canaan