NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd.
Lloyd, who grew up in New Canaan, turns 75 on Tuesday. The actor was born Oct. 22, 1938, in Stamford.
Lloyd began his acting career at the age of 14 and made his Broadway debut in the short-lived Red. He went on to Off-Broadway roles in A Midsummer Night's Dream.
His first movie role was as a psychiatric patient in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and is best known for his roles as "Reverend" Jim Ignatowski, the ex-hippie cabbie on the TV sitcom Taxi, for which he earned an Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
He has also done voiceover work in animation and won three Primetime Emmy Awards and an Independent Spirit Award and has been nominated for two Saturn Awards and a Daytime Emmy Award.
He took part in the advertising campaign of the Nike Company's "Back For the Future" for the benefit of The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
- 1 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Worked For J.Crew In New Canaan
- 2 Police: New Canaan Family Slept Through Home Break-In
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn