NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Glenn Beck!
Glenn Beck, who has owned a home in New Canaan, turns 50 on Monday. The television and radio host, political commentator, author and entrepreneur was born February 10, 1964, in Everett, Washington, U.S.
Glenn started in radio when he was only 13 years old by winning a local radio contest to be a DJ. Eventually, he landed an opportunity in Corpus Christi, Texas, as the youngest morning guy in the U.S.
He hosts the Glenn Beck Radio Program, a nationally syndicated talk-radio show that airs throughout the United States on Premiere Radio Networks.
He formerly hosted the Glenn Beck television program, which ran from January 2006 to October 2008 on HLN and from January 2009 to June 2011 on the Fox News Channel.
In 2008, he won the Marconi Radio Award for Network Syndicated Personality of the Year.
He has reached #1 on the New York Times Bestseller List in four separate categories as of 2010: Hardcover Non-Fiction, Paperback Non-Fiction, Hardcover Fiction, and Children's Picture Books.
He is the founder and CEO of Mercury Radio Arts, a multimedia production company through which he produces content for radio, television, publishing, the stage, and the Internet.
In 2012, The Hollywood Reporter named Beck on its Digital Power Fifty list.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow