NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy birthday to New Canaan’s Heidi Alice Voight!
Heidi Alice Voight, who has lived in New Canaan, turns 32 on Tuesday. The former Miss Connecticut was born June 24, 1982, in Milford.
During the early 2000s her main focus was theater, singing and playing guitar. She played for several local acts, most notably as a founding member of Ankora, an all-female rock band out of Milford, and later The Defcon Five out of New Haven.
She won the Miss Connecticut title on June 24, 2006, and represented Connecticut at the Miss America 2007 pageant. She also competed in the Miss Connecticut USA 2009 pageant and was a semifinalist.
After her pageant career, she traveled throughout the Northeast as a professional public speaker and television personality before eventually becoming a full-time news anchor and reporter at WWLP 22-News, the NBC affiliate of Western Massachusetts.
She was one of the first journalists to report live on the scene in Springfield, Mass., just minutes after an EF3 tornado leveled the city's South End on June 1, 2011.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into New Canaan
- 4 Missing Boater, Arrest Of Assault Suspect Top Week's News In New Canaan
- 5 New Anchor Anastos Headlines Benefit For Soup Kitchen Serving New Canaan