NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Jeffrey Immelt!
Jeffrey Robert Immelt, who has owned a home in New Canaan, turns 58 on Wednesday. The business executive was born Feb. 19, 1956, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
He has been with General Electric since 1982 and is currently the chairman of the board and chief executive officer.
He also is on the board of two non-profit organizations, one of which is the Robin Hood Foundation, a charitable organization which attempts to alleviate problems caused by poverty in New York City.
He served as chairman of The Business Council in 2005 and 2006.
He was named to Time magazine's 100 most influential people in the world in 2009.
In February 2009, he was appointed as a member to the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board to provide the president and his administration with advice and counsel in fixing America's economic downturn.
In May 2013, he delivered the commencement address at the University of Connecticut Graduate School, receiving an honorary doctorate as well.
He lives with his wife Andrea in New Canaan, Conn.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 New Canaan Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To New Canaan, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director