NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Terry Hanratty!
Terrence Hugh "Terry" Hanratty, who has owned a home in New Canaan, turns 66 on Sunday. The footballer was born January 19, 1948, in Butler, Pennsylvania, United States.
Hanratty led the University of Notre Dame at quarterback to the 1966 national championship. He and Jim Seymour, Notre Dame's star wide receiver that year, were featured on the cover of Time magazine on Oct. 28, 1966.
Hanratty played in the National Football League during the 1960s and 1970s and was selected in the second round of the NFL Draft in 1969 by the Steelers' head coach, Chuck Noll as the starting quarterback. He was later selected in the 1976 expansion draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
He earned two Super Bowl rings as the backup quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
He finished his career with 2,510 passing yards, 24 touchdown passes, and 35 interceptions. He completed 38 percent of his pass attempts, which led to an overall quarterback rating of 43.0.
Following his retirement from football he worked as a stock broker for many years and currently coaching his daughter's championship softball team.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website