NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The youngest volunteer at New Canaan's Waveny LifeCare Network’, Henry Benton, provides technology mentorship to Waveny resident, Harvey Chandler, who was born in 1929.
The 10-year-old Saxe Middle School student’s lesson included laptop, iPad and smartphone use, and concluded with Chandler sending his first text to his son, who immediately texted back to thank the young boy for teaching his dad about digital technology.
Henry’s next lesson will involve Google Earth & Maps and hopefully Chandler’s first Skype session to connect with loved ones.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued