NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The youngest volunteer at New Canaan's Waveny LifeCare Network’, Henry Benton, provides technology mentorship to Waveny resident, Harvey Chandler, who was born in 1929.
The 10-year-old Saxe Middle School student’s lesson included laptop, iPad and smartphone use, and concluded with Chandler sending his first text to his son, who immediately texted back to thank the young boy for teaching his dad about digital technology.
Henry’s next lesson will involve Google Earth & Maps and hopefully Chandler’s first Skype session to connect with loved ones.
- 1 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home
- 2 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 3 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 4 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 5 New Canaan Allstate Agent Michael Saunders Honored For Service