NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The youngest volunteer at New Canaan's Waveny LifeCare Network’, Henry Benton, provides technology mentorship to Waveny resident, Harvey Chandler, who was born in 1929.
The 10-year-old Saxe Middle School student’s lesson included laptop, iPad and smartphone use, and concluded with Chandler sending his first text to his son, who immediately texted back to thank the young boy for teaching his dad about digital technology.
Henry’s next lesson will involve Google Earth & Maps and hopefully Chandler’s first Skype session to connect with loved ones.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm