NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The youngest volunteer at New Canaan's Waveny LifeCare Network’, Henry Benton, provides technology mentorship to Waveny resident, Harvey Chandler, who was born in 1929.
The 10-year-old Saxe Middle School student’s lesson included laptop, iPad and smartphone use, and concluded with Chandler sending his first text to his son, who immediately texted back to thank the young boy for teaching his dad about digital technology.
Henry’s next lesson will involve Google Earth & Maps and hopefully Chandler’s first Skype session to connect with loved ones.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'