NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The youngest volunteer at New Canaan's Waveny LifeCare Network’, Henry Benton, provides technology mentorship to Waveny resident, Harvey Chandler, who was born in 1929.
The 10-year-old Saxe Middle School student’s lesson included laptop, iPad and smartphone use, and concluded with Chandler sending his first text to his son, who immediately texted back to thank the young boy for teaching his dad about digital technology.
Henry’s next lesson will involve Google Earth & Maps and hopefully Chandler’s first Skype session to connect with loved ones.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana
- 4 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 5 Snow Could Return To New Canaan For Monday Morning Commute