NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Now you can have your say in what activities and events are held at downtown New Canaan’s Pop Up Park.
The New Canaan Chamber of Commerce is putting together a committee to talk about ideas that would work throughout the year. "It could help (us) brainstorm ideas for what would be appropriate for the downtown," Chamber Executive Director Tucker Murphy said.
The committee will be a sounding board for ideas, Murphy said. She expects the group will be no more than 10 people.
The chamber began opening the Pop-Up Park last year outside of Morse Court, near Elm Street and South Avenue. The space was opened during the summer to host small concerts and family outings with chairs and tables put up for downtown visitors. It was also set up during last year’s Village Fair and Sidewalk Sale and during the New Canaan Holiday Stroll.
Residents and downtown visitors enjoyed the space last year, Murphy said. Ideas for use include musical performances and even a temporary synthetic ice skating rink, though Murphy previously said the rink would be installed only in winter.
If you want to join the Chamber’s Pop Up Park Committee, call the New Canaan Chamber at 203-966-2004 or email Murphy at email@example.com.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To New Canaan, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Bear Tranquilized, Captured After Romp In Fairfield