NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan filmmaker has taken to Kickstarter to fund his documentary about two men battling breast cancer.
Filmmakers Nick Sadler of New Canaan and David C. Didato are asking for contributions to support the making of their feature-length film and the costs of distribution. Their Kickstarter website says they need a minimum of $80,000 to film their story.
The documentary tells the story about two men, Bill Becker and Bob DeVito, who were strangers before their diagnosis but they bonded through the “world of underfunded research and no male-specific treatment for the disease,” according to the Kickstarter page. Becker and DeVito started a foundation, “Breast Cancer Brothers” to raise awareness, get funding for critical research and save lives.
So far as of Tuesday, around $15,000 has been pledged for the cause. The campaign will run until Nov. 8.
The film duo hopes to make the documentary available for all cancer organizations and support groups as a means of awareness and action.
For more information and to make a donation, view their fundraising page, here.
- 1 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7