NEW CANAAN, Conn. – A New Canaan filmmaker has taken to Kickstarter to fund his documentary about two men battling breast cancer.
Filmmakers Nick Sadler of New Canaan and David C. Didato are asking for contributions to support the making of their feature-length film and the costs of distribution. Their Kickstarter website says they need a minimum of $80,000 to film their story.
The documentary tells the story about two men, Bill Becker and Bob DeVito, who were strangers before their diagnosis but they bonded through the “world of underfunded research and no male-specific treatment for the disease,” according to the Kickstarter page. Becker and DeVito started a foundation, “Breast Cancer Brothers” to raise awareness, get funding for critical research and save lives.
So far as of Tuesday, around $15,000 has been pledged for the cause. The campaign will run until Nov. 8.
The film duo hopes to make the documentary available for all cancer organizations and support groups as a means of awareness and action.
For more information and to make a donation, view their fundraising page, here.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into New Canaan
- 4 Missing Boater, Arrest Of Assault Suspect Top Week's News In New Canaan
- 5 New Anchor Anastos Headlines Benefit For Soup Kitchen Serving New Canaan