NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- More than 200 guests at the First Presbyterian Church in New Canaan helped raise money for outreach programs in the area at a recent fundraiser.
The guests helped raise money during "Mission: Possible," a fundraiser featuring more than 40 silent and 10 live auction items to help raise money for church outreach programs on Nov. 2.
The First Presbyterian Church Dinner Theatre Players also shared the spotlight during the evening. The "talented group of church members" were led by Melody Libonati, head of The Performing Arts Academy in New Canaan, and "parodied various songs to accompany each live auction item, from 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' for Yankees tickets to 'I Get a Kick from Champagne' for a wine tasting," said representatives in a press release.
Proceeds from the auction are set to go to outreach programs supported by the church.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year