NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- More than 200 guests at the First Presbyterian Church in New Canaan helped raise money for outreach programs in the area at a recent fundraiser.
The guests helped raise money during "Mission: Possible," a fundraiser featuring more than 40 silent and 10 live auction items to help raise money for church outreach programs on Nov. 2.
The First Presbyterian Church Dinner Theatre Players also shared the spotlight during the evening. The "talented group of church members" were led by Melody Libonati, head of The Performing Arts Academy in New Canaan, and "parodied various songs to accompany each live auction item, from 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' for Yankees tickets to 'I Get a Kick from Champagne' for a wine tasting," said representatives in a press release.
Proceeds from the auction are set to go to outreach programs supported by the church.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend