NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- It's almost time once again for one of New Canaan's most popular events -- the annual Halloween Parade.
This year's parade will line up at noon on Oct. 27 (rain or shine). It will be led by the Old Faithful Antique Fire truck and is sponsored by the New Canaan Chamber of Commerce.
Ghosts, goblins, fairy princesses and superheroes of all ages -- and their dogs -- are invited to participate. All marchers should gather in the Park Street parking lot to prepare.
The parade will kick off at 1 p.m. from the parking lot proceeding to the corner of Park and Elm, then down Elm Street to Main Street, and loop back up Elm Street, which will be closed to vehicular traffic for the event.
Goodie bags will be given out and music will be provided courtesy of School of Rock.
Various booths also will open at noon and there will be a “Best Dressed Family Contest” courtesy of Venture Photography.
The booths include the following:
• Arts for Healing
• Camp Playland
• The Candy Scoop
• Cycles on Call
• Forever Sweet Bakery
• Kempo Martial Arts
• New Canaan Music
• Venture Photography
• Village Critter Outfitter
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year