NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Library will host an introductory course in homebrewing.
The class is set to begin at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at the Adrian Lamb Room of the New Canaan Library. Tess and Mark Szamatulski will lead the class, which is part of the Speakers & Lecture Series.
"Learn how to brew and appreciate your own beer during this refreshing workshop that will cover beer ingredients such as hops, grain, water and yeast, sanitizing, fermentation, beer styles and more," a press release said. "Samples of home brew will be served."
The Szamatulskis started selling homebrewing supplies by mail in 1991 and have grown their business, Maltose Express. The pair wrote two of the best-selling beer recipe books, "Clone Brews, Second Edition" and "Beer Captured."
They have also been filmed for the Discovery Channel's series "How Things Work" and have been featured in Time.
Registration is required for the program. Participants must be 21 or older to attend. To register, residents can visit the New Canaan Library website.
The New Canaan Library is located at 151 Main St. Call 203-594-5000 for more information.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods