NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Library will host a lecture on Australian Aboriginal Western Desert paintings and Papua New Guinea masks Thursday, Feb. 20, at 4 p.m.
The lecture will be given by Annie MacDougall, who is the owner and curator of the pieces that will be on display during the discussion.
MacDougall has been involved with Aboriginal art and culture since first visiting Australia in 1988. She will discuss how most tribal art is ceremonial in nature and how that differentiates it from traditional European or Western art.
The New Canaan Library is located at 151 Main St.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In New Canaan