NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Library will host a lecture on Australian Aboriginal Western Desert paintings and Papua New Guinea masks Thursday, Feb. 20, at 4 p.m.
The lecture will be given by Annie MacDougall, who is the owner and curator of the pieces that will be on display during the discussion.
MacDougall has been involved with Aboriginal art and culture since first visiting Australia in 1988. She will discuss how most tribal art is ceremonial in nature and how that differentiates it from traditional European or Western art.
The New Canaan Library is located at 151 Main St.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts