NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Library will host a lecture on Australian Aboriginal Western Desert paintings and Papua New Guinea masks Thursday, Feb. 20, at 4 p.m.
The lecture will be given by Annie MacDougall, who is the owner and curator of the pieces that will be on display during the discussion.
MacDougall has been involved with Aboriginal art and culture since first visiting Australia in 1988. She will discuss how most tribal art is ceremonial in nature and how that differentiates it from traditional European or Western art.
The New Canaan Library is located at 151 Main St.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo