NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Library will host a lecture on Australian Aboriginal Western Desert paintings and Papua New Guinea masks Thursday, Feb. 20, at 4 p.m.
The lecture will be given by Annie MacDougall, who is the owner and curator of the pieces that will be on display during the discussion.
MacDougall has been involved with Aboriginal art and culture since first visiting Australia in 1988. She will discuss how most tribal art is ceremonial in nature and how that differentiates it from traditional European or Western art.
The New Canaan Library is located at 151 Main St.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'