NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Library will host a lecture on Australian Aboriginal Western Desert paintings and Papua New Guinea masks Thursday, Feb. 20, at 4 p.m.
The lecture will be given by Annie MacDougall, who is the owner and curator of the pieces that will be on display during the discussion.
MacDougall has been involved with Aboriginal art and culture since first visiting Australia in 1988. She will discuss how most tribal art is ceremonial in nature and how that differentiates it from traditional European or Western art.
The New Canaan Library is located at 151 Main St.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48