NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Library is introducing an enhancement to its online catalog that allows patrons to keep track of their reading history.
The new enhancement, known as "My Reading History," gives patrons the ability to retain an ongoing personal log of all of the materials borrowed, even after they are returned.
"From the time you 'Opt In,' a list of items you have checked out will be saved for you to view," a press release said. "You will be able to selectively remove any or all of the items from your personal history or completely disable the feature at anytime. The list is only available for viewing when you are logged into your library account. If you do choose to disable the feature, your previous history will be lost and not retrievable again."
Patrons can follow the following guidelines to access the new features:
- Log into your library account online.
- Click on the “My Reading History” button.
- To enable the feature, click the “Opt In” button.
- To disable the feature, click “Delete All.” Then click “Opt Out.”
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'