NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Looking for summer books to read at the beach or the park? Want some extra titles for the kids when school lets out for summer? New Canaan Library is holding a spring book sale from Friday through Sunday.
The sale begins in the Adrian Lamb Room on Friday, June 6, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. A $15 charge to enter from 9 to 11 a.m. will be imposed. Numbers will be assigned at 8 a.m.
The sale continues at the following times:
• Saturday, June 7, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, June 8, from noon to 4 p.m. All books are $5 a bag on Sunday.
The book sale is one of the library's fundraising efforts. Money that is raised from the sale supplements funds from the Town of New Canaan and from private donations, allowing the library to continue to offer a wide range of services.
For information, visit newcanaanlibrary.org or call 203-594-5003.
Also, the library is offering an Online Auction of Books on eBay of collectible books. The auction is live and runs for 10 days. Books can be picked up at the library beginning June 6. Auction winners can pick up their books when they come to the sale days at the library.
For browsing, here is a link to the eBay auction of books: www.ebay.com/usr/newcanaanlibrary
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website