NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan has purchased an emergency outreach registry to help emergency responders in a crisis, said a statement from Michael Handler, the town’s emergency management director.
The registry, SmartPrepare, allows residents to register their families and create an online profile for preparedness, the statement said. Registration should not take long to complete.
“Remember, this tool will allow us to better serve you during a crisis; but, it only works if you take the first step and sign-up,” the statement said, adding that the Office of Emergency Management is always looking for tools to help keep residents informed.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 3 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby
- 4 New Police Officer, Tick Warnings Top Week's News In New Canaan
- 5 New Canaan Restaurant Joins UB Fundraiser To Help Quake Victims In Nepal