NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan has purchased an emergency outreach registry to help emergency responders in a crisis, said a statement from Michael Handler, the town’s emergency management director.
The registry, SmartPrepare, allows residents to register their families and create an online profile for preparedness, the statement said. Registration should not take long to complete.
“Remember, this tool will allow us to better serve you during a crisis; but, it only works if you take the first step and sign-up,” the statement said, adding that the Office of Emergency Management is always looking for tools to help keep residents informed.
- 1 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 2 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home
- 5 New Canaan Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up