NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan has purchased an emergency outreach registry to help emergency responders in a crisis, said a statement from Michael Handler, the town’s emergency management director.
The registry, SmartPrepare, allows residents to register their families and create an online profile for preparedness, the statement said. Registration should not take long to complete.
“Remember, this tool will allow us to better serve you during a crisis; but, it only works if you take the first step and sign-up,” the statement said, adding that the Office of Emergency Management is always looking for tools to help keep residents informed.
- 1 New Canaan Police Arrest Driver After High-Speed Chase
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 4 New Canaan, Darien Ranked 1-2 By MaxPreps As Football Title Game Nears
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say