NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A New Canaan woman is looking for help to finance her trip to ensure a sustainable future for the children of Nicaragua.
Lizzy Burke has raised roughly $1,025 of her $4,000 goal for her community trip to Nicaragua with the local chapter of Free the Children. Burke is using gofundme.com to raise money for the trip. Burke, the co-president of the club, is looking for further donations to reach her goal of funding her trip.
As part of her trip, Burke hopes to accomplish the following goals of the program:
- Create and ensure a sustainable future for children in rural areas, some who are involved in child labor in coffee and sugar cane fields, by providing them with access to and removing obstacles to a quality education.
- Focus on school-building in communities which do not have appropriate school room capacity or dilapidated school buildings.
- Help alleviate poverty and contribute to rural community development by putting into service all five pillars of Adopt a Village.
Learn more about Free the Children and Adopt a Village here.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan