NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan YMCA is set to host the fourth annual World Down Syndrome Day event on Sunday, March 23.
The event, known as "Celebrating Abilities," is set to begin at 2 p.m. at the New Canaan YMCA at 564 South Ave. in New Canaan. The fourth Annual World Down Syndrome Day is open to everyone. The day promises to include music, crafts, sports, and games.
"This event is a time to share and grow; children, families and friends have an opportunity to have fun (and) meet new friends," representatives said. "Join us for an afternoon of fun for the whole family."
The event is part of a partnership between the New Canaan YMCA, 21 Strong and The Connecticut Down Syndrome Congress.
“We are looking forward to host this special event again honoring World Down Syndrome Day for the fourth year," said Carolynn Kaufman, director of Special Needs Programming. "The New Canaan Y’s Special Needs Department mission of ‘Everybody Belongs Here’ truly comes to fruition at this event. We are proud to partner with 21 Strong to provide an event that celebrates individuals abilities as well as inclusion.”
Residents can pre-register by contacting Susan Schuller at email@example.com.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks