NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The March of Dimes named New Canaan's Kathy McShane as its new ambassador to help during the group's 75th anniversary celebration.
McShane, managing director of Ladies Who Launch, Connecticut, addressed more than 100 people during the celebration in October at the Water's Edge at Giovanni's in Darien. She received the invitation to be the new ambassador, in part, because she had been a Regional Polio Poster Child for the organization when she was a child.
“When I was a child, the March of Dimes contributed three-fourths of their income to families like mine," McShane said. "I am thankful to the March of Dimes for the help my family and I received from them those many years ago. I am a mother of 2, happily married for 35 years and a very successful business woman who now helps other women to be successful. Because of the help of the March of Dimes, I have been able to live my life to the fullest.”
The Connecticut Chapter partners with local medical groups and organizations to establish guidelines for how to care for pregnant women and premature babies.
Ladies Who Launch Southwestern, Connecticut, is an organization focused on helping entrepreneurial women with the launch of new businesses. For more information, Kathy McShane can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-803-9591.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday