NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Silvermine Arts Center's new display features the work of Jens Risom.
The exhibit "The Answer is Risom" features several of Risom's signature furniture designs from his career lasting more than 70 years. The exhibit is set to run at Silvermine Arts Center through Feb. 16.
"Although he learned the trade in Denmark (he trained at the Copenhagen School of Industrial Arts and Design), he is often counted among the American designers who were shaping postwar design, and indeed his most important contributions to the modern style were made after his emigration here in 1939," said a press release.
"Mr. Risom's commitment to design also extended to his advertising. One of the more notable examples, a series of ads he did in the 1960's with famed fashion photographer, Richard Avedon will be included in the exhibition. Throughout the decades, Risom's work has continued to reflect our human need for warmth, beauty, and simplicity."
The Silvermine Arts Center is located at 1037 Silvermine Road. Its gallery hours are Wednesdays to Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m., Sundays from 1 to 5 p.m., and Mondays and Tuesdays by appointment.
The exhibit is sponsored by Knoll, Black Creek Designs and Venu Magazine. To learn more about the exhibit, visit the Silvermine Arts Center website.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola