NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Silvermine Arts Center's new display features the work of Jens Risom.
The exhibit "The Answer is Risom" features several of Risom's signature furniture designs from his career lasting more than 70 years. The exhibit is set to run at Silvermine Arts Center through Feb. 16.
"Although he learned the trade in Denmark (he trained at the Copenhagen School of Industrial Arts and Design), he is often counted among the American designers who were shaping postwar design, and indeed his most important contributions to the modern style were made after his emigration here in 1939," said a press release.
"Mr. Risom's commitment to design also extended to his advertising. One of the more notable examples, a series of ads he did in the 1960's with famed fashion photographer, Richard Avedon will be included in the exhibition. Throughout the decades, Risom's work has continued to reflect our human need for warmth, beauty, and simplicity."
The Silvermine Arts Center is located at 1037 Silvermine Road. Its gallery hours are Wednesdays to Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m., Sundays from 1 to 5 p.m., and Mondays and Tuesdays by appointment.
The exhibit is sponsored by Knoll, Black Creek Designs and Venu Magazine. To learn more about the exhibit, visit the Silvermine Arts Center website.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 New Canaan Mom Looks To Raise Lyme Disease Awareness Through Field Hockey
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 5 New Canaan Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer