NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Waveny LifeCare Network will host a caregiver's support group beginning in December and going through February.
Caregivers will be invited to a forum to discuss with their peers their experiences with patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
Meetings will be held on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month in the Care Center’s library, located at 3 Farm Road in New Canaan. Dates of the meetings will be Dec. 10, Dec. 24, Jan. 14, Jan. 28, Feb. 11 and Feb. 25.
“Our support group gives families and caregivers the opportunity to meet other people facing similar challenges,” group leader Ilene Sumberg said in a statement. “Our sessions provide an open forum for problem solving, interpersonal networking, stress reduction and continued education about Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss and available community resources. Sharing openly with other individuals in similar situations can help one feel refreshed and re-energized, especially in the case of caregivers.”
For information call 203-594-5200 or visit www.waveny.org.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 4 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 5 New Canaan Democrats Named To Posts On Town Boards