NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Waveny LifeCare Network will host a caregiver's support group beginning in December and going through February.
Caregivers will be invited to a forum to discuss with their peers their experiences with patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
Meetings will be held on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month in the Care Center’s library, located at 3 Farm Road in New Canaan. Dates of the meetings will be Dec. 10, Dec. 24, Jan. 14, Jan. 28, Feb. 11 and Feb. 25.
“Our support group gives families and caregivers the opportunity to meet other people facing similar challenges,” group leader Ilene Sumberg said in a statement. “Our sessions provide an open forum for problem solving, interpersonal networking, stress reduction and continued education about Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss and available community resources. Sharing openly with other individuals in similar situations can help one feel refreshed and re-energized, especially in the case of caregivers.”
For information call 203-594-5200 or visit www.waveny.org.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts