NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Waveny LifeCare Network will host a caregiver's support group beginning in December and going through February.
Caregivers will be able to a forum to discuss their experiences with patients with Alzheimer’s disease with peers.
Meetings will be held on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month in the Care Center’s library, located at 3 Farm Road in New Canaan. Dates of the meetings will be Dec. 10, Dec. 24, Jan. 14, Jan. 28, Feb. 11 and Feb. 25.
“Our support group gives families and caregivers the opportunity to meet other people facing similar challenges,” group leader Ilene Sumberg said in a statement. “Our sessions provide an open forum for problem solving, interpersonal networking, stress reduction and continued education about Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss and available community resources. Sharing openly with other individuals in similar situations can help one feel refreshed and re-energized, especially in the case of caregivers.”
For information call (203) 594-5200 or visit www.waveny.org.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 New Canaan Single-Family Home Price Rises 10.3 Percent
- 5 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity