NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The Elm Restaurant in New Canaan hosted the No Kid Hungry charity dinner in September.
The Sept. 30 event raised more than $70,000 for its cause, the Connecticut No Kid Hungry Campaign. It aims to connect kids to the federal food and nutrition programs, including school breakfast, summer meals and after-school meals program.
The night included impromptu chef additions to the auction, group bidding wars and matching bids.
Notable guests in attendance were chef Brian Lewis the chef and owner of elm restaurant, chef Geoff Lazlo from The Whelk in Westport, chef Carey Savona of Heirloom in New Haven, Debbie Shore and Joe Allegro, both of Share Our Strength, and Lucy Nolan, Executive Director of the End Hunger Connecticut.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow