NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The Elm Restaurant in New Canaan hosted the No Kid Hungry charity dinner in September.
The Sept. 30 event raised more than $70,000 for its cause, the Connecticut No Kid Hungry Campaign. It aims to connect kids to the federal food and nutrition programs, including school breakfast, summer meals and after-school meals program.
The night included impromptu chef additions to the auction, group bidding wars and matching bids.
Notable guests in attendance were chef Brian Lewis the chef and owner of elm restaurant, chef Geoff Lazlo from The Whelk in Westport, chef Carey Savona of Heirloom in New Haven, Debbie Shore and Joe Allegro, both of Share Our Strength, and Lucy Nolan, Executive Director of the End Hunger Connecticut.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 New Canaan Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To New Canaan, Thunderstorms Possible