NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The Elm Restaurant in New Canaan hosted the No Kid Hungry charity dinner in September.
The Sept. 30 event raised more than $70,000 for its cause, the Connecticut No Kid Hungry Campaign. It aims to connect kids to the federal food and nutrition programs, including school breakfast, summer meals and after-school meals program.
The night included impromptu chef additions to the auction, group bidding wars and matching bids.
Notable guests in attendance were chef Brian Lewis the chef and owner of elm restaurant, chef Geoff Lazlo from The Whelk in Westport, chef Carey Savona of Heirloom in New Haven, Debbie Shore and Joe Allegro, both of Share Our Strength, and Lucy Nolan, Executive Director of the End Hunger Connecticut.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan