NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The gallery at New Canaan's Silvermine Arts Center is displaying a special international print collection through Feb. 16.
Silvermine officially named its print collection The Gabor Peterdi International Print Collection in honor of its print collection founder Gabor Peterdi in 2012. Peterdi established the National Print Biennial competition at Silvermine in 1956.
"The juried exhibitions, the Arts Center established the foundation of a permanent print collection through the acquisition of juror purchase awards," a press release said. "The recent efforts have enabled the Galleries to conserve the collection, while actively growing its holdings."
The collection recently received "several significant donations to the collection," including work from Josef Albers, a Robert Cottingham print and a Gabor Peterdi print. The exhibition features recent acquisitions of prints from Fritz Brosius, Alexander Calder, James Flora, Charles Hinman, Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse and a print attributed to Salvador Dali.
Silvermine is located at 1037 Silvermine Road · in New Canaan. To learn more about the exhibit, call 203-966-9700 or go to the Silvermine website.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend