NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Three local "Sesame Street" performers are coming to New Canaan's Silvermine School of Art to celebrate the school's 90th birthday.
The 90th birthday party for the Silvermine School of Art begins at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 30. Silvermine will host three local "Sesame Street" performers who have agreed to bring their famous characters for a rare Meet, Greet and Sing-A-Long.
"Pam Arciero (Grundgetta), Marty Robinson (Telly Monster) and Carmen Osbahr (Rosita), all area residents, will help Silvermine celebrate its 90th birthday in style," representatives said. "Participants will make their own puppets, and then bring their creations to join the Sesame Street characters in a Sing-A-Long and birthday celebration – topped off by decorating – and eating– birthday cupcakes."
Silvermine’s Executive Director Leslee Asch worked for Jim Henson and the Jim Henson Co. for more than 20 years and remains a trustee of the Jim Henson Foundation.
“We are lucky to have three Sesame Street performers who call the Silvermine Community home," Asch said. "And we’re luckier still that they’ve agreed to join us for this special occasion. This will be a joyous, not-to-be- missed one time event. Seating is limited so I hope everyone will sign up soon to join the fun.”
For more information and tickets, residents can visit the Silvermine Arts Center website or call 203-966-9700 Ext. 22.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 New Canaan Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning
- 4 State's FBI Chief Details Threat Of Homegrown Terrorism In New Canaan Talk
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield