NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan YMCA has opened registration for new and returning participants for the Y Guide and Princess Family programs.
The Y Guide and Princess program is a father/son and father/daughter experience in which participants bond through monthly outings and activities. The program is open to children in kindergarten through fourth grade and their fathers.
Monthly outings include community service projects as well as fun field trips for fathers and their children to participate in together. Past monthly outings have included hiking, volunteering at Waveny Care Center, ice skating and attending local sporting events.
In addition to the monthly outings, the Y also offers three larger events, including a camping trip at Camp Mohawk in Litchfield and a winter trip to Camp Jewell in Colebrook.
The camping trips will take place Sept. 28 and 29 for Y Princess tribes and Oct. 5 and 6 for Y Guide tribes.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home
- 3 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 5 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty