NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan YMCA has opened registration for new and returning participants for the Y Guide and Princess Family programs.
The Y Guide and Princess program is a father/son and father/daughter experience in which participants bond through monthly outings and activities. The program is open to children in kindergarten through fourth grade and their fathers.
Monthly outings include community service projects as well as fun field trips for fathers and their children to participate in together. Past monthly outings have included hiking, volunteering at Waveny Care Center, ice skating and attending local sporting events.
In addition to the monthly outings, the Y also offers three larger events, including a camping trip at Camp Mohawk in Litchfield and a winter trip to Camp Jewell in Colebrook.
The camping trips will take place Sept. 28 and 29 for Y Princess tribes and Oct. 5 and 6 for Y Guide tribes.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years