NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan YMCA has opened registration for new and returning participants for the Y Guide and Princess Family programs.
The Y Guide and Princess program is a father/son and father/daughter experience in which participants bond through monthly outings and activities. The program is open to children in kindergarten through fourth grade and their fathers.
Monthly outings include community service projects as well as fun field trips for fathers and their children to participate in together. Past monthly outings have included hiking, volunteering at Waveny Care Center, ice skating and attending local sporting events.
In addition to the monthly outings, the Y also offers three larger events, including a camping trip at Camp Mohawk in Litchfield and a winter trip to Camp Jewell in Colebrook.
The camping trips will take place Sept. 28 and 29 for Y Princess tribes and Oct. 5 and 6 for Y Guide tribes.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into New Canaan
- 4 Missing Boater, Arrest Of Assault Suspect Top Week's News In New Canaan
- 5 New Anchor Anastos Headlines Benefit For Soup Kitchen Serving New Canaan